Reserve Your Order Online
Please agree to the Terms and Conditions of our transport service to continue.
United Auto Transport Terms and Conditions
- AA United Auto Transports (dba United Auto Transport) is a registeredbroker (ICC/MC692196) and will be referred to hereafter as United Auto Transport or UAT. United Auto Transport is alicensed and bonded Property Broker. United Auto Transport is responsible for booking theshipment of cars with a licensed and insured Motor Carrier Corporation,who handle their own damage claims in a professional manner. Processingdamage claims may take a few weeks, since the drivers must return totheir terminals with the original Bill of Lading condition reports.
- United Auto Transport, per this agreement, agrees to ship the vehicle(s) described in thequotation, using a reliable carrier designated by United Auto Transport, on or about thedates requested. As is standard in the auto transport industry, United Auto Transport andcarrier cannot guarantee specific pickup or delivery dates. United Auto Transport orcarrier are not responsible for car rentals.
- This order is subject to all the terms and
conditions of the carrier’s straight bill of lading. Copies of the billof lading are available at the office of the carrier and are
- By the owner or shipper’s signature on the bill
of lading, United Auto Transport and carrier are authorized to transport the vehicle fromthe pickup point to the point of delivery. United Auto Transport must be notified shouldthe shipper be unavailable for pickup or delivery, and his agent mustbe designated at that time.
- United Auto Transport does not guarantee any specific driver/carrier for the transport.
- All payments for transport must be in the form
of a cashier’s check or cash on delivery. The Customer (Owner ofshipper) agrees that if the payment cannot be made by cashier’s check,the vehicle will be stored at Customer’s expense. Should the customer,for any reason, be unable to accept delivery, the vehicle will beplaced in storage. Any and all storage and/or delivery costs will bethe responsibility of the customer.
- The Customer is responsible for preparing the
vehicle for transport. All loose parts, protruding or fragile
accessories, low hanging spoilers, fog lights, antennas, etc., must beremoved or retracted and properly secured. United Auto Transport or the carriers are notresponsible for any part of the vehicle that might fall off duringtransport, nor are United Auto Transport or the carrier responsible for damage tothird-party vehicle(s) that might be involved.
- The Customer is responsible for deactivating any alarm system and must provide necessary keys and/or remotes for these.
- United Auto Transport or carrier will not be responsible for any mechanical or electrical mal-functions, leaking fluids or exhaust systems.
- United Auto Transport or the carrier will not be responsible forconvertible tops that are loose, torn , or exhibit visible wear. United Auto Transport orcarrier will not be responsible for vehicle boots, caps, masks, bras,or any other type of canvas or material covering.
- It is the Customer or shipper’s responsibility
to ensure that the vehicle(s) is in proper working order. Shouldvehicle(s) become inoperable during transport, $200.00 will be due atthe time of delivery, in addition to any other moneys owed.
- Federal regulations prohibit United Auto Transport or its carrierfrom knowingly transporting vehicles with personal items anywhere inthe vehicle. If unbeknown by United Auto Transport or its carrier, such items are presentin the vehicle(s), such items and any fines levied due to damage tosuch items, become the responsibility of the customer.
- United Auto Transport or its carrier will not be responsible foracts of God (earthquakes, floods, fire, tornado, sandstorms, or hailstorms), damage due to flying objects from the sky or road duringtransport, or any form of vandalism. The Customer must maintain his/herinsurance for this purpose.
- Should any damage occur due to negligence of
the carrier, all compensation must be paid at the time of delivery. Alldamage must be properly noted in the bill of lading, and signed by thedriver and the Customer, regardless of weather conditions or time ofday. Signing the bill of lading without any notation of damage servesto verify that the Customer or his agent has received the vehicle ingood condition, and that United Auto Transport and its agents are relieved of any furtherresponsibility. The Customer or his agent must check the vehiclethoroughly upon delivery.
- Within 24 hours of delivery, United Auto Transport or its agentsmust be notified of any damage that may have occurred during transport.
The Customer must submit directly to the carrier, in writing, athorough description of the damage, along with clear pictures, and 2estimates within 10 days of receipt of the vehicle in question, for anyresolution of the problem to be initiated. United Auto Transport, in good faith, willassist the Customer in this effort should such a problem occur, but inno way will United Auto Transport assume responsibility for any negligence of theassigned carrier. If the value of the Customer’s vehicle is higher thanthe market value, United Auto Transport recommends that the Customer purchase a specialinsurance rider.
- Any claim or controversy arising from this
agreement, or performance or breach thereof, shall be subject to thejurisdiction of Los Angeles County, California. The Customer mustspecifically waive any right to jurisdiction of this matter at anyother location. United Auto Transport can only be liable up to the amount of the depositin the quotation furnished to the Customer. In no circumstance can
United Auto Transportbe held liable for damages caused by the designated carrier.
- If the Customer places an order with us, the
Customer has the option to cancel any time prior to the vehicle inquestion being assigned to a transporter, at no cost to the Customer.
If the vehicle is booked on a transporter prior to the Customer’s faxor e-mail of cancellation, the Customer will lose the amount of thedeposit and any applicable IP fee. If a full payment is made by credit card, any card processing surcharge is not refundable. UAT should have until the date of availability to work with before theorder can be cancelled. All refunds are made in a form of check anddo not include the credit card fee if payment was made in full.
- If the
assigned driver is unable to pick up a Customer’s car at their
designated pickup address due to traffic,
street, or legal restrictions, the Customer must meet the driver at anearby location to load the car.
If the Customer has a dispute regarding charges, the Customer shall notify United Auto Transport in writing. Should disputes be pursued by the Customer, the Customer shall assume any costs for the dispute/charge-back, including, but not limited to attorney’s fees and collection agency fees.
International Terms and Conditions
- Insurance is not included in your quote price. Insurance for ocean freight can be purchased at a percentage of the worth of the vehicle.
- United Auto Transport is not responsible for any damage claims that occur during ocean transit. If insurance has been purchased, you will have a copy of your policy to defer to the insurance company.
- Rates are based on the information provided by the customer when receiving a quote. Quotes are based on measurements of a vehicle as well as the weight. All quotes are estimates and are subject to change. The vehicles are weighed and measured at the ports to determine the final price.
- Shipping dates are not guaranteed. Ship lines may change their sail dates last minute without warning. Some ship lines are on a first come first serve basis and they will load the vehicles that arrive at the port first based on the date of drop-off.
- All vehicles must be empty during ocean transit. If they are not empty, the port will dispose of any extra personal belongings from the vehicle. If the vehicle transported by truck, it is the customer’s responsibility to pay for the shipping of the items back to the pick up location, otherwise the personal items will be thrown away.
- Payment must be received prior to booking the vehicle with a ship line. Required documents must be sent in with the payment as well. Customer is entitled to a full refund only if a booking has not been made with a ship line. If a booking has been made, then the customer will receive a partial refund. $500 per unit will be deducted form the total amount along with any other fees that were incurred regarding customs clearance if there is a booking with a ship line. Refunds are sent in the form of a company check.
- If the vehicle becomes inoperable, the customer is responsible for all fees regarding recovery of the vehicle from the port.
Damage to antennas (including antennas that do not
retract to within 3 inches of the vehicles body) or car phones, thisincludes loss or damage to audio or video equipment not installed inthe factory.
- Damage not detected at pickup location, due to poor weather or lighting conditions.
- Damage to cloth or vinyl convertible or decorative tops that over 2 years old.
- Damage to T-tops, boots, bras, caps, or any other type of canvas covering.
Damage to exhaust system, suspension,
undercarriage, wheel bearings, tie downs, brakes, alignment, tuning,battery charging system. United Auto Transport or its agents do not accept responsibilityfor these items, since no evaluation of these components or systems aremade at the pickup location.
Damage caused by leaking fluids, such as
battery acid, motor oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, powersteering fluid, radiator coolant.
- Damage caused by freezing of cooling system and/or battery.
- Damage from fallout resulting from acts of God.
- Damage caused by fluids or objects flying up from the roadway, or out of the sky.
- Damage caused by failure of factory tie-downs or pull through frame tie down holes.
- Damage of fines incurred because shipper left personal or household items in the vehicle.
Damage to, or caused by any vehicle that
cannot be driven on or off the transport under its own power, whetherbecause the vehicle will not run or has lost its braking system.
- For more information on our services or policies, contact us today.